Thursday, November 5, 2009

I Love PJ Days...

...especially after a hellish week of school and staying up late studying. By yesterday, I was a basket-case. Okay I know yesterday technically marked the half a week point but it just felt like soooo much longer! I had a bunch of midterms this week, two of which were yesterday. I started studying for them way too late in the game because I underestimated how difficult the content was. This resulted in me pulling a couple all nighters. Not to be complaining all the time, but I can't remember the last time I had such a horrible day. Yesterday things were still unresolved between my mom, sister, and I, I was running on no sleep, with back to back midterms, and trying to force myself to stay awake to study for the next one! Anybody miss school yet? Lol.

So, what did I do today? Since I wasn't feeling great after being totally worn down, I decided to just skip my classes today, sit at home, and relax. Yes I know I'm so bad but sometimes it's totally necessary. I went for a nice long run this morning which helped me feel better and so I don't feel totally guilty about being a couch potato all day but it did feel great! However, now that it's almost the end of the day, I do realize I need to do some work and am just about to start reading over research for a term paper I have to do but thought I'd start things off with a post first.

Only 40 more days until I'm in CHILE!!!!!!! Even though it's only 40 days away, it seems like a lifetime away since I still have so much school work to accomplish and I don't know how I'm going to get it done in that amount of time! I am at the point of doing whatever it takes to just finish this semester and LEAVE!!! I can't wait for the day that I am on my connecting flight from Toronto to Santiago!!! Oh that will be the day!

I love traveling. I love almost everything...except the actual airplane ride. I just get so impatient and want to see E so much that waiting on a 10 hour plane ride just kills me! I get so impatient I can't even sleep! I also find that over the years I've gotten more and more anxious about the actual "flying" part of traveling and prefer to just get that part over with asap. Does anyone else have "flying" issues? I know a lot of you fly constantly to and from your home countries so how do you deal with it? I do however love everything about leaving a country, going to the airport, and stepping off the plane into a new world. I love the preparations that come with traveling and the people watching in the airport. An airport is pretty much one of the only places where the proportion of people from all over the world changes with every second and happens to be one of the best places for people watching.

Remember that amazing job that E is in the process of applying for? Well he made it to the final 3 and has passed all the tests they've thrown at him so far. Now he's waiting for his final interview with the CEO and then the decision will be made. He's got a really good shot at it so keep your fingers crossed! We're both waiting anxiously! I have a feeling he'll get it!

Okay so now off I go in my attempt at making at least part of this day useful. Homework, here we go!

5 comments:

  1. I know the school feeling. I don't take classes any more, but have the dissertation pressure and deadlines. And I teach, so no PJ days for me unfortunatley. You'll feel better, some weeks are just like that. 40 days will fly by. I'll cross my fingers for E and his job prospect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Annje! Your comments always make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand the school thing. I'm rushing today to finish some homework and some translations so I can go to Concepción tomorrow.

    Good luck to E!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like you when it comes to traveling. I love the airport, people watching, anticipation, etc. But I HATE the actual flying part. Airplanes are the worst combination for me because I'm claustrophobic and afraid of heights! Gah! Luckily, I've gotten pretty used to it, but the Chile-US flight is always a killer because my butt gets so sore. My advice: take a sleeping pill, or at least some Tylenol PM and try to sleep the whole time. I usually take mine right after they serve food. If you're flying Air Canada it's really sweet because they have individual TVs with lots of choices of movies/TV shows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the advice Abby. I'm definitely going to take a sleeping pill on the flight! I hope it works because it seems that every time I try to sleep, I'm always woken up by turbulence and then I can't calm down until it's over. Whenever we hit turbulence, I swear, my legs shake like crazy and I can't stop them until after it passes. But yes, those individual TVs on Air Canada sure make the flight go by faster!

    Sarah, good luck with all the homework and have fun in Concepcion!

    ReplyDelete