Thursday, August 26, 2010

Beach Bound!

Ahhhh....tomorrow is Friday! How wonderful it is to be at the end of the weekend. It's especially wonderful when you only work half a day on Fridays, and even more wonderful when this week you happen to be going to the beach Friday after work for a total of 5 days!!! YEEESSSS!!!! We haven't been to the beach for this amount of time since Christmas vacation in December! Now that I have been working a regular routine job, I was starting to get sad knowing that I would never have more than 2 days of free time in a row for a long time. But as luck would have it, this weekend is the weekend E and I get to take a nice relaxing beach weekend together! Well, actually, we're not going to be together 100% of the 5 days at the beach, but we will both be at the beach for all of that time. The reason we decided to go to E's beach apartment this weekend was because it just so happens that his work is having a two day long "fun at the beach" time for the employees and since they are doing this fun little outing a mere 10 minutes from E's beach apartment, we thought it would be perfect to go. So on Monday morning, after spending the weekend together at the beach, I will drive my darling finacee to meet with his co-workers at the neighboring beach and then return to the beach apartment where I will have two full glorious days all to myself!!!

As much as I love being with E all the time, it is going to be damn nice to have some down time just for me. I have found that life in the big city is busy and chaotic and leaves little "me time". Almost every day after work I go to meet with friends or do something with E and so by the time I get back to the apartment, it's usually time for bed. Don't get me wrong, I am loving life in the fast lane! It's such a nice change after coming from a small town where I lived a very boring and quiet life. But I definitely think it's necessary to get out of the hectic life for a while and take some time to relax, breathe, and regroup. I'm so looking forward to two straight days of reading non-stop, relaxing on the beach, mozying through the cute little fishing village of a town, and cooking fresh seafood. I'm hoping to break out of my creative rut and draw something as well. I used to be quite the artist until school took over my life and I had no more time to do anything but study! So we'll see how that goes. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

So, that's it for now, but you will be hearing from me again at the beach where I'll have lots more time to write a longer and more interesting post! Happy Friday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. that sounds nice.. i already want to get away for a weekend.

    ReplyDelete